Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Need a phone number to speak to someone please. My

Customer Question
Need a phone number...

Need a phone number to speak to someone please

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

My refrigerator is leaking water, at one point a chunk of ice fell when the center (French door) was opened. The water is also coming at bottom of refrigerator which is freezer. BUT there is no indication from inside that there is a leak

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Purchased 2013, I registered it on line, how’re couldn’t find site of registration. Model RF4287HARS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don’t understand the question

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I want advice/suggestions about a solution

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Appliance
5/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 29 days ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is actually a very common issue with your refrigerator and the water is accumulating under the deli drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator because the drain line is backing up. If you look at part number 97 in the diagram below, this is the part you need to remove so that you can see the silver evaporator and the drain trough below it. Pull all the drawers out and remove this panel. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly.

Now if you remove this panel and the drain is not clogged but you find the silver coils completely packed with frost, you actually have a defrost issue and you'll need to thaw all the frost out with a hair dryer and likely replace the defrost temperature sensor clipped onto the top of the silver evaporator coils. Below is a link to the sensor.

CLICK HERE for defrost sensor

Also, below is a video on how to remove the back panel 97 that I was talking about earlier.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Too much technical info, not as helpful as I thought. I will have to have someone come out
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No

Hmm, I'm not sure there is much more I can do. I gave you a video that shows you exactly how to do it if you're handy. I of course can't control what fails but I have explained, given pictures, a link to a video and everything. I have done everything I can possibly do to help you fix your own problem. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
I think your info is good for a younger person, not for seniors. Thank you

Again, please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.