Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigator door broke inside. can I buy a new door. My…

Customer Question
My refrigator door broke...

My refrigator door broke inside. can I buy a new door

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

My fridge is nearly six years old

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Samsung model RF 197ACPN. 18 cu ft French door. Approximately 5 1/2 yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don’t know if we can the problem is the frig s is not working. It’s is not cold and the temps light is blinking the freezer is ok

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The left door piece inside is not catching right it’s broken of the main part and you need to position to close the door. Don’t kno w if that is a factor in the refrig not getting cold enough

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So that can definitely stop the refrigerator from getting cold, but thankfully you can order and replace just the flipper itself. That has the hinges and the spring loaded opening and close on the flipper all in one for the left door. Below is a link to that part if that's all you need.

CLICK HERE for flipper

The entire door is part number DA91-03420C but it doesn't appear to be available anymore I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you You rate a 5 star totally for your fast attention to my problem

No problem and I wish you only the best!

Pay for overnight delivery but did not get it till Tues. we’re have a problem with the piece it’s different then the one in the refrigerator.

I'm not sure what to say. It should be a direct replacement.