Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I bought a used Jenn Air dishwasher hooked it up and started…

Customer Question
I bought a used Jenn...
I bought a used Jenn Air dishwasher hooked it up and started it on normal mode. It lights up and your hear the pump under it, but no water is coming out. What’s wrong and how do I fix it? Model number JDB8200AWS0
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you're positive that the dishwasher is definitely getting water from your house then you either have an issue with your electronic water valve underneath the washer or your float switch is stuck in the up position. Open up your door and look in the front corner of your dishwasher there is a plastic circular float device. Wiggle this up and down and make sure it's in the down position. If it's stuck in the up position it will not fill. If it still doesn't work and you looked under the dishwasher and you don't see any wires unplugged then you will need to order and replace your electronic water valve.

Now if you have a multimeter, you can do one more test to confirm the valve is bad by testing for 120 volts across the 2 wires going to the electronic water valve. If you have 120 volts and it's not filling, then your valve is definitely bad.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Where is this electronic water valve located and what is the part number

The electronic water valve is the part under your dishwasher in the bottom front left corner that you hooked the water supply hose up to when you installed your dishwasher. The part number is ***** and below is a link to the part you can order if you'd like.

CLICK HERE for valve

I ordered the valve and put it in and tried starting the washer and you can hear water going through the lines but after letting it run for five minutes I open it up and inside is bone dry I don’t think anything is moving or no water is going inside the dishwasher when I hit cancel and it drains the water there is a crackling in the drain pump what do I do now to get this dishwasher working