Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

While removing the top panel off my dryer the front panel…

Customer Question
While removing the top...

While removing the top panel off my dryer the front panel fell disconnecting 3 wires. one was red and obvious to determine where to plug the other 2 are white and appear to be a pos. and neg. what happens if they are not put back correctly. could it start a fire. blow a circuit or just not operate

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Hotpoint about 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just don't want to damage the dryer or anything else. it appears tobe on a circuit on the back of the front plate

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 months ago
Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your issues today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

Do you have the model number of the unit by chance? Should be right inside the door

And do you see any writing on the top of the two terminals?