Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whilepoo duet washer. I have a whirlrpool duet

Customer Question
I have a whilepoo...

I have a whilepoo duet washer

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I have a whirlrpool duet washing machine. It stopped working and the door is locked The F keeps blinking. Where do I find the make and model

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if i can

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 29 days ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

After the F is blinking, there is a number that should appear. Can you tell me what number flashes after the F?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
22
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Not sure if u answered
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Is there any way to open the door of the washer

I really apologize, I have no idea where the box went but I had to restart my computer about 3 times to find you again. I really am sorry about the delay. F22 means that your door lock has failed. Whether you hear the lock trying to latch or not, the latch will need to be replaced to fix this problem. To manually unlock the door, remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel and unplug the washer. The top panel will then slide straight back, up, and off. Now you can reach down behind the front panel to the bottom of the door latch. There is a 1" round plastic tab. Pull down on this tab to manually unlock the door.

Once the door is open, plug the washer back in and see if it works (sometimes this resets the latch). If the latch doesn't reset and you get another error or the washer just won't start--you need to replace the latch. It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.