Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Do you work on window units, Window unit won’t stay on. As…

Customer Question
Do you work on...

Do you work on window units

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Window unit won’t stay on. As soon as we plug in, the unit stays on for about 2 seconds and goes right back off.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, we need assistance

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When plug in unit, it turns right off after 2 seconds

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
It’s Frigidaire window unit
5/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Phil, Shop owner replied 2 months ago
Phil
Phil, Shop owner

Hello, yes, we answer questions about window AC

.

Tell me how big the room is that unit cools and about how old the unit is, that will let me assess the repair issues for you,

Next tell me what you have to do exactly to get the unit to run for an other 2 seconds,

If you have to reset the breaker in the house breaker panel, then the unit most likely has an electrical short in it

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Rating will not increase your charges but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.