Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My microwave model mco153uw only runs for about 2 minutes…

Customer Question
My microwave model mco153uw...

My microwave model mco153uw only runs for about 2 minutes then it then dies losing all it s power for about ten minutes. after that the lights come back on.

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No is that a reboot thing

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes it s a beach reno that we just bought in febuary and the microwave was working , and we love it. I hate to have to buy a new one since i m pretty broke. Hopeing for a fix if possible

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This issue means that your magnetron is overheating and the thermal cut out attached to the magnetron is cutting power to the microwave. Nothing else will cause your symptoms. The problem is, the magnetron must be replaced to resolve the issue. The microwave would need to be uninstalled and the outer shell removed to access the part, and the part is about $95 so I'm not sure it's worth fixing--but that's up to you. Below is a link to the part that needs to be replaced.

CLICK HERE for magnetron

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.