Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Master Tech told me that the replacement part I ordered was…

Customer Question
Master Tech told me that...
Master Tech told me that the replacement part I ordered was the incorrect one, I have re-ordered the correct one am replacing the defective timer so I can continue to dry clothes, but just watching to make certain they dry. My problem is that I don't know which wires to reconnect and where. I see that there are letters by the terminals, but Idon't know where to find the corresponding letter on the wire. could you help me please? I will attach a photo showing this
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Appliance
5/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 24 days ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

The letters to correspond to the timer terminal should be right on the wires themselves right near the end of the wire and terminal.

and since your on a different question now can I have the model number once again please?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Dryer model number is *****
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Ikeep getting popups saying you want me to call, and it will only cost $34

IGNORE the pop up I`m not sending them to you the website WE are using does that !

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
thank you! I will go check the wires again, I wasn't certain about the letters when I looked before, if I am still not sure, I will ask again unless there is somewhere online that I can find a diagram showing?

And GE does not have a wire diagram for this model on their website .

And this is one of the reason you should mard the wires and where they are attached before removing a part

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
you are correct I have been looking closely at the wires and there is a lot of writing on most of them, I think I have found a letter and then it is something that isn't on the terminal post they all say things like 600V, etc. they are not clearly marked. I really wanted to fix this myself, my husband isn't much help with this sort of thing

Ok and neither will I be in matching the wire colors to the timer terminals .

Since Ge does not have a wire diagram on their site for your model number.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Is there no other way I can find out if this is correct? Will it short out if I have them on there incorrectly? There is one more wire that has a smaller connector than the others and I don't know where it goes either, I have tried loading a photo, but I keep getting and error, I will try again

yes if you have it wired incorrectly it can damage the new timer and other components with in the dryer .

Does the unit have a wire diagram with in the control panel ?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
there is a paper that I pulled out , it didn't make much sense to me, but I will look at it again, and ask you questions if I see something that might help. Or I could scan it and attach

yes you can scan it and send it as an attachment

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
have tried to attach the paper showing allof it, but your program won't let me,. I don't know what any of this means

does it look like a black and white road map with lines on it ?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
it is a small file and a jpeg, there is no reason it shouldn't attach, maybe I need to start as a new conversation?

no just send it as you would any E-Mail attachment

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
no, it still won't attach I keep getting ""we're sorry- an unknown error occurred. Please try again." is there another way to send?

can you take a photo of it and send it to me ,that way?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I will try that, but I don't think the program is letting me send anything

It may be your system I have gotten photos from other customer even within the last hour .

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
it still won't let me load even a photograph, I thought that maybe it was because I joined for $5 for help and they will only let me do so much
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
it let me load photos earlier.

no the $5.00 does not have anything to do with it as far as I know ,

I get photos from customer several times a day . And yes you even sent a photo on the question thread.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
well, it still won't load...

maybe the this website is having issues!

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
could I send it to your e-mail? or is that forbidden?

forbidden We can only converse on this website.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
well, I just got an e-mail saying I was blocked because I asked the question earlier, I will contact "just answer" and see if they will unblock me...

HUmm Ok !

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
as if this headache isn't already bad enough.

right !

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I e-mailed them to see if they would unblock, but they haven't answered yet (or unblocked)

no problem .

I can understand they think it is the same issue but it is not ,same appliance but different issue .

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Maybe I will write them again and tell them that

no problem!