Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool electric dryer, less than a year old,

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool electric dryer, less than a year old, seems to be not drying well. It takes sometimes 2-3 cycles on high heat setting to dry completely. 29" W model front load dryer. Am I still in warranty? Should I call a repairman or is this normal?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought in Sept 2017. MOD # WED4815EW1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. not very tech savvy

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It has never really been great from the start. it doesn't seem to get very hot, and has gotten longer over time to dry a load

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Appliance
5/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 29 days ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

In most cases that complaint is gonna be caused by a venting issue. Either the dryer vent duct is pinched or stopped up or the vent on the home is stopped up not allowing proper air flow. What happens is the air can't circulate and flow out of the dryer properly so all that hot air gets trapped in the dryer and causes the heating element to cycle on and off too fast causing it to take forever to dry a load of clothes, the fact it has gotten worse over time just means the blockage has become worse over time. Check and clean the dryer vent hose from the dryer to your homes vent then have the vent on your home cleaned out and that will fix the issue.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 28 days ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.