Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have Maytag Bravos top-loading washing machine about six…

Customer Question
We have Maytag Bravos...

We have Maytag Bravos top-loading washing machine about six months old. A load was out of balance dueing spin cycle and machine shut off. Now will try to spin (slowly), hesitate for about thirty seconds (maybe readjusting?), then try again. Will spin by makes noise and stops before spinng fast as usual. Will try several times. Cloths not dry enough for dryer, butr not dripping wet. HELP please.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About six to eight months old. Bravos top loading - do not have model nuimber

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

We called and appointemt for repairs is middle of next week (eight days out) so if it is something a reasonable person can do, I will try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No is there anything we could like do without repair man?

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Appliance
5/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 27 days ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
the model /serial tag is at the rear of the opening on the washer itself.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
MOD-MVWX655DW1 C7156119 TYPE-589-01

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.

have you tried removing some of the items from the washer to see if it will then spin ?

This washer is smart enough to know if the load is going to be out of balance in the high spped spin mode.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Will not spend $24. It knows it was out of balance, but now will not spin load that is in balance. It tries, spins slow, then hesitate, tries again,m then noise then stops, waits, tries again. Balance control is out of balance or weights it uses to balance load not working (Maybe got too much to one side? trying to balance?)
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I am trying a rinse and spin cyhcle with maching empty - see if it will spin empty?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I also read something about unplug one minute, then close lid six times in 12 seconds - tried that before empty load try.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I am not stupid, but not good with hands trying to fix things - I am 77 years old - not mechanical
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 26 days ago

If your referring to a phone call prompt or POP UPS ,I did NOT send that to you ,the website that WE are using does, NOT I!

the closing the lid six times is for a GE manufactured washer not a maytag .

And if you want to reboot the electronic control board the unit has to be unplugged for more than 5 minutes .

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
After unplugging for more than five minutes, is there anything else I need to do? Of course I can try that

then turn it on and try to run a load , but that will not correct the load being out of balance .

It would only kill the electronic control board memory .

When you say the unit is out of balance is it banging against the sides of the washers cabinet?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
First out-of-balance load banged against sides for very short period. Other tries (load in blaance) do slow spin, but make noise (grind not bang) then spin slow and stop as it tries to go faster. We have waranty so if I can solve problem without service call, it saves your company money. We have regular and extended waranty.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I ran a load of crate pads for my dog kennels this morning, It spun enough to get items very damp, but not dry enough for dryer. They were not dripping wet, so some spin did help. I live in Arizona wo wqith dew point at 29 and sun hot, wet cloths do dry outside in two hours or so. If properly spun dry, they wouild dry outside in thirty minutes.

ok in your next to last post you stated ((We have waranty so if I can solve problem without service call, it saves your company money. We have regular and extended waranty.))

I seems that you do not realize that the website has nothing to do with your washers manufacturers or extended warranties .

This is only a questions and answer website of over 200 categories and your just on the appliance repair category

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I thought it was a Maytag site - How do I cancel - spent bad $5, glad I didn't spend $24

no this site has nothing to do with Maytag

you will need to contact the website that we are using to cancel anything .

I can not do that for you .