Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Amana HE top load washer wont fill or advance. We have a lot…

Customer Question
Amana HE top load...

Amana HE top load washer wont fill or advance. We have a lot of grit/sediment in our water could this be the problem on fill inlet screen. How do I fix that

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2 yrs old Amana NTW4516F

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

does the washer even lock the lid ? to start the washer

Are you out there

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, Just Answer has stated that your request has failed due to Credit card issues. Which is normally an issue of your credit card company blocking the charges ,and you have to contact them and authorize the charges for the question and the premium service phone call.

so if the lid locks does the lid lock light on the console illuminate and if so is it solid on and not blinking ?

And does the no water issue happen no matter what cycle is selected ?

As stated earlier!! I am Also Assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

We have had a storm and a slug of sediment and grit is in all my appliances can I take the fill inlet off and clean it out or replace screen

Good info !

Yes you can remove the fill hoses and pull the screens out to clean then and put then back in.

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,

I will still assist you, no extra charges .

But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

You should see a rating box ,just click on the rating box and it will open the rating window for you to than rate me .

Thank you in advance.

please remember to rate me .