Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our power went out recently and I am trying to set the

Customer Question
Our power went out...

Our power went out recently and I am trying to set the digital clock, however, when I depress the area on the back of the range to set the clock, I am not able to depress the area or button and am unable to set the clock. I am afraid of damaging the panel by pressing too heard.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

It is a GE electric range with double oven purchased new in 2017. Yes, it has been like this since it was delivered.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't know what needs to be done?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know if this is something the warranty would cover, but it looks like a VCR with the wrong time flashing.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 26 days ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I can't find the model number. According to Sears GE only manufactured two electronic panels in 2017. Does that help narrow down the ability to proceed?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I am not paying $24 for this. I will call a Sears or GE technician.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 26 days ago

The model number is ***** on the serial tag on the range, it lists the model and serial number. Below is link to GE showing the possible location of the serial tag:

click here to see serial tag locations

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Where is the serial tag? It's not on the back or either side.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
JB8600SJ4SS
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 23 days ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

Thank you.

If you press the CANCEL/OFF/RESET button, does the time stop flashing?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I will have to check.

Can you also double check that model number? It is not coming up as a valid model.

Maybe JB700SJ4SS?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Cancel button didn't help. Model number JB860SJ4SD

Perfect, thank you! Turn the breaker off for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics and then try to set the clock again. Does the behavior change?

Press the SET CLOCK pad and hold for 3 seconds. Then, use the number pads to set the time. Once time has been set, press START.