Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Electric range can not control the heat on one of the

electric range can not...

electric range can not control the heat on one of the burners. it gets extremely hot. whirlpool mark series Series F R 444 42033 Model R C 8800 X P H

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's was bought in 1986 that's the information on the inside cover

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I replaced both terminal blocks thinking that was my problem

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I need the switch that regulates the heat from low to medium to high for the burner that over heating

5/24/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Which burner is it that overheats ? right rear , left front ETC!

right front it's 8" in diameter the other 3 burners are 6" in diameter

ok the switch part number is ***** for the right front burner

Master Tech
Phone call session started
I need the name of a supply house where I can purchase the electric switch I know how to replace it

well it looks as if the switch is no longer available from the manufacturer ,

I would guess due to it`s age .

I have looked at five of the U.S largest appliance parts dealers and they are all showing the part number 877954 is no longer available .