Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a KitchenAid electric range model# KIRS608BSS0 with…

Customer Question
I have a KitchenAid...

I have a KitchenAid electric range model# ***** with the induction cooktop. The other day while cooking I heard a pop and now only the burners on the right hand side do not work.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years o ld

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We have gone through the troubleshoot n the manual to include powering off for an hour and nothing

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Correction, Model# ***** *****
5/22/2018
Appliance Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, a Moderator for JustAnswer.com.
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I do
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

And do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it ? to be able to do any voltage or component resistance testing .

Or have you taken the unit apart to even investigate what made the pop noise?

No I do not

Ok and the answer to my second question??

Sorry, I was in the store. I took it apart and do not see any evidence of what caused the noise. There is a fuse in the back which seems to be for the oven. I do not see the fuse for the cooktop. I do not know their location

no the cooktop burners do not have a fuse.

And if you do not have a Volt-Ohm meter to even test for voltage to find out why the one side is not working .

I can only give you the most likely failed component if that is what you are wanting ?

No thank you, ***** ***** believe I need to call a home visit from a professional to diagnose the issue. Thank you for your time.

Yes without you having the tools to do the voltage test that is the best thing to do .

But be aware this is going to cost you I estimate over $400 in part and labor.