Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool electric super capacity 465 GR399LXH. I…

I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool electric super capacity 465 GR399LXH. I accidentally pushed the self clean button instead of bake. I immediately pushed the cancel button to start again but it didn't work. code appeared E1 F5. I cannot remove the code or use my oven.What can I do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Maybe 8 years old RK4114552

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The oven door did not lock but i heard clicking then it stop

5/21/2018
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That error code is a door lock latch error code, hit the start button to clear the error code and see if it will operate properly. If either unplug the unit or kill power to it at the breaker/fuse panel for a few minutes, restore power and try again. If neither works then the door lock assembly will have to be replaced.

Range Oven Door Lock Assembly

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here for part info at sears

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Joel Swenson
Thank you. The oven is working now.I turn the power off to the range.

You are very welcome, glad it rest and is now working. Thank you for the rating and for using JA!