Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I disassemble my GE Model DCVH680E electric dryer to…

How do I disassemble...

How do I disassemble my GE Model DCVH680E electric dryer to clean the blower fan? My dryer shuts off during the drying cycle. I have cleaned the vent going to the outside. it even shuts off after removing the vein completely from the back.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased in 2009

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That appears to be the next thing for me to do. if you have other recommendations that would be great

5/19/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Does it require a cool down period before it will restart?

Ah, that is a motor issue. The thermal protector is opening. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

okay

You will need to disassemble the dryer and clean it all out. If the motor is not packed with lint, it will probably need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

The complete service manual may be downloaded at the link below!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

I have ordered a motor for the dryer.

Thank you.

Would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today?

Kelly, Appliance Technician