Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a microwave that’s running but not heating. Changed the…

Have a microwave that’s running...
Have a microwave that’s running but not heating. Changed the cap and diode it fired right up but still not heating. Any ideas? Model#: plmv169dcd
5/15/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Was it making any odd noises prior to replacing the diode and capacitor?
  2. Is it running and making the same sound as it did when it was working?
No noise. Before I changed the diode and cap it wasn’t running. I changed diode and cap and now is running but not heating. Sounds normal. Nothin noisy
Sounds normal

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

I believe the magnetron will need to be replaced. If you replaced the capacitor and diode, you will have no trouble replacing the magnetron.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician