Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My kitchenaid ice box is making ice but the mechanism that…

My kitchenaid ice box...

My kitchenaid ice box is making ice but the mechanism that despends ice is not working. I have cleaned out the existing ice and pushed the side button to remove but it won't let it up

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

9 yrs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, model KSRL25FTST00

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No how to get the ice box to release and release button to work

5/15/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
if you have had moisture that has gotten up inside the ice container lever area that locks and unlocks the ice container to the door you may need to use a hair dryer to defrost any if the ice that has formed and is not allowing the locking lever to disengage.

Master Tech