Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My burner igniter operates continually until ignition. it is…

My burner igniter operates...

My burner igniter operates continually until ignition. it is associated with the right front burner as when it is lit the others burners operate normally

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It happened a year ago and then fixed itself. The current situation started about two days ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to do that

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Where can I down load the repair instructions

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/15/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is an issue with the igniter switch below/behind the knob that controls the front right burner. If you think water may have gotten under the switch, unplug the unit for 24 hours and allow it to dry out. Otherwise, the switch will need to be replaced because it thinks the knob is turned on all the time even though it's not.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

can you walk me through the process for igniter removal

Igniter removal? The igniter isn't your problem. You mean the igniter switch? And do you have a model number?

the model is jenn-air JGS8860BDP

Ok so the switch is fairly easy to access on this model. Pull the knobs off and unplug the oven. Pull the oven out 6 inches and remove the screws coming in from the right and left side of the control panel. Remove all the screw behind the knobs you removed. Then open the oven door and remove the screws below the control panel. The control panel will pull forward and out of your way then.

Does this expose the igniter switch?

Yes it does.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Below is a link to where you can purchase the igniter switch.

CLICK HERE for part