Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool duet front load washer will not start cycle light…

Second opinion] whirlpool duet front...
Second opinion] whirlpool duet front load washer will not start cycle light just blinks red but will not start. I have checked for broken start switch but was ok. Could this be a bad door switch if so how could I test it?
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/15/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

yes if the cycle light is blinking it is in fact telling you to close the door and if the door is in fact closed then yes the most likely issue is the door switch not telling the electronic control board that the door is in fact closed .

I have a new door switch i will install if this doesnt fix it is there a way to sest for other problems?

Sure you can test almost everything on the washer!

As long as you have a Volt -Ohm meter and know to use it .

Master Tech