Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Cabrio HE Model 580 that smells. I've run clean…

I have a Cabrio...

I have a Cabrio HE Model 580 that smells. I've run clean cycle with bleach several times and then rinse cycle. problem keeps coming back. Can you help?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No I havent. Never thought it would need to be off EVER. You know just use and abuse the thing....

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I will try that since I obviously cant use this way. Then I will run bleach through yet again.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope, ty. Hope your common sense idea works or I will likely be back.

5/15/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
the model /serial tag is at the rear of the opening on the washer itself.

I may also be assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

And have you ever run a washer cleaner thru the unit, to clean it out ?

And do you leave the lid open after the wash is done for it to dry out inside?

I will get full number for you. I have run a generic powder from grocery store through but its been a long time. More recently run Bleach through the clean cycle by pouring in the bleach area at top. Wonder if needs to go through the detergent area instead.....maybe buildup of some kind of gunk or something....Just know after wash water that comes out smells awful. Yes, I regularly leave washer open, but occasionally it gets left down(old habits die hard)....

Ok Yes you can add bleach to the detergent dispener and also run a store bought washer cleaner thru the unit .

Also do you use HE type detergents ?

I unplugged as previous lady said to do. idk, maybe it will reset system. Here is the Model and serial number as requested. WTW6400SW3, CW1972453 Type 580 Cabrio Top Loader. I will also run bleach through detergent area and buy some more cleaner next trip to my grocery store. Yes, I use HE detergent. Usually Tide, but recently bought a Method from Target, but it said HE machines too.
i will let you know if resolved in nexy day or so. thanks woody

ok unplugging the unit will not make it smell better!

And the Previous lady was a robot the website has , for the first few replies .

Ok I recommend to use 2- 2 1/2 tablespoons of detergent per load due ti the low water usage on these unit and to use a cleaner at least once every six months.

I recommend a product called AFFRESH.

Master Tech