Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a Samsung RSM261M refrigerator and cannot get off

Customer Question
Have a Samsung RSM261M...

Have a Samsung RSM261M refrigerator and cannot get off display mode. Electricity went out and I've tried pressing two buttons on left side-still on display. Will this eventually reset?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a RS261M about five years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes it is my understanding the pressing of the two buttons on the left should take care of it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No-will this eventually reset?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/15/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

What does your display say exactly right now?

Tyler-how's it going?

I'm good, how are you? Did you not get my reply?

QUOTE:

No I do not a call.
Nothing it just is flashing the settings

what do you mean exactly? "flashing the settings"

the ones for cold-colder that are there for the fridge and freezer
I'll have to check back later have an appointment

OK, so try to reset the board. Press and hold the ENERGY SAVER and LIGHTING buttons together for 10 seconds. That should reset the board. If not, then the display board shorted out from the power outage and would need to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?