Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Samsung refrigerator that has error E 1. Whats

Customer Question
wrong and how do I...
I have a Samsung refrigerator that has error E 1. Whats wrong and how do I fix it? Model number RF4287HARS
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/15/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Can you double check that error please? E1 isn't an error for Samsung. 1E is though--is that what you meant?

sorry 1 E

OK perfect, thank you. This error means that your freezer temperature sensor has failed. Now usually this is a false error. Try to reset the error by pressing and holding the LIGHTING and ENERGY SAVER buttons together at the same time for 10 seconds. If it resets--great!! If it doesn't reset, then the sensor inside the freezer will need to be replaced before you can reset the issue.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Ok it reset and the display started. No more 1 E code. The fridge is not getting cold. What should I try to fix?

It takes awhile for the refrigerator to cool down. About 12 hours. Either another error will appear by then, or it'll cool down. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?