Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My ge refrigerator has become a problem. The area under the…

Customer Question
My ge refrigerator has...

My ge refrigerator has become a problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The area under the meat drawer is constantly filling with water then freezing. This is probably caused by a clogged drain pipe from the defrost cycle but I can not find anything in the manual about how to correct this. Can you help?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If i can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model #PFSS6PKWbought May 2008

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/15/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

ok

his is actually a very common issue with your refrigerator and the water is accumulating under the deli drawer at the bottom of the refrigerator because the drain line is backing up as you suspected. If you look at part number 97 in the diagram attached below, this is the part you need to remove so that you can see the silver evaporator and the drain trough below it. Pull all the drawers out and remove this panel. Pour hot water down the drain hole until it's draining properly again. Once it's draining properly blow compressed air down to make sure it's clear. If you don't have compressed air, use a turkey baster to make sure the drain line is clear and draining properly.

Samsung (who built this refrigerator for GE) also designed a little part to fix the issue from coming back. Order part number da61-06796a which clips onto the heater above the drain hole and then extends down into the drain hole to prevent the drain hole from freezing oven.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Absolute scam

right...