Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool fridge and am having trouble getting both…

I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool fridge and am having trouble getting both compartments the correct temperature. The freezer is at 15 F and the fridge at 41F for the normal setting. This is too warm. However, if I go up one snowflake, the freezer drops to -7 F (fine) , but the fridge goes below 32F ( not fine) What can I do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Ideally the freezer would be at 0 and the fridge about 35

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

2017. Not sure of the model. Silver finish freezer at top

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, I just checked the freezer vent and found it was partially obstructed. The fridge vent seems okay

Answered in 1 day by:
5/16/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category here on JustAnswer!
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Would still like reply
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The model tag is in the refrigerator, high on a side wall or on the ceiling.

Whirlpool WRT549SZDM00
09-16

Please allow me just a few minutes to review that model, thank you!

This is a known problem on this model. May I have the serial number, please?

Just has 3 temp settings. Tried the coldest one but things freeze in the fridge. Current temp is 41 in fridge and 12 in freezer with normal setting

Yes, I need the serial number, please. There is a kit out for this issue but I need to verify your serial number, please.

I want the fridge down to about 36 and the freezer at 0 or below

Vs 63974312

Okay, you will need to replace the control module. The module is shown as number 14 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

There are screws that hold the control box in position on the sides. Remove those screws and the box will pull down. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair!

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician