Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag bravos xl wont turn on. completely dead with a load…

Maytag bravos xl wont...

Maytag bravos xl wont turn on. completely dead with a load inside. the tope is locked

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4 or 5 years. MVWB950YG

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would like to - having someone else do it I may as well buy a new washer!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No.... we replaced the part that spins a couple years ago - it was so loud sounded like a plane taking off. That fixed it but we need to do it again...

5/15/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you.. It sounds like the main control has shorted out and needs to be replace..

1

on diagram

Washer electronic control board

Parts #: W10394231

Substitution: W10447143

$ 146.40

In Stock searspartsdirect.com

that's what I was thinking - is it difficult to replace?
In the diagram is the part the one marked #1?

yes, and its very easy to replace. there are 3 screws that holds the console cover on.. you can see them on the back of the cover

ok thanks. I found one on ebay, refurbished for $50.... think I'll try that. this washer has been a lemon!

wow! that's cheap. Those controls are common issues with that machine... Get you a good appliance surge protector to plug the machine into because they do help

Thank you!!!!

If you need any help with it to replace it I'll be here for you... Also. thanks very much for the great rating

Ok thanks
I ordered the part so hopefully we'll be back in business by Friday.
Great. Let me know how you make out