Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Mt hotpoint dryer model # htdx100ed3ww broke the dial switch…

Customer Question
Mt hotpoint dryer model...

Mt hotpoint dryer model # htdx100ed3ww broke the dial switch which I bought but during the time I waited for the knowI used a pliers to rotate the pin so I could start the cycle. Now the plastic pin has snapped off. What part do I need to replace either the entire timer or just the pin?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just a week.I called an appliance repair company but they quoted me $289.00 to repair!

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have a handy man who thinks he can do it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NO - just direct me to the correct part to order

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/14/2018
Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

You will need to remove the timer and get the model number from it. Many manufacturers use 3rd party components like timers.

Here is a link to the parts diagram and a replacement timer, just make sure it is the same one. See part 100 on the back splash diagram.

https://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/htdx100ed3ww/1811/0151200.html

Just following up as to whether this information was helpful in answering your question, or do you still need assistance? Please let me know by replying in the box below.

Thanks

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

Appliance Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Greetings...

I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been rated yet. If you could take a couple of moments and complete the 5 Star Rating which will close out the question I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Dave