Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Frigidaire refrigerator will not stop beeping. The door…

My Frigidaire refrigerator will...

My Frigidaire refrigerator will not stop beeping. The door ajar light is on but the door is closed. The seal inside the door is bent but hasn't caused this beeping in the past. I've reset it, tried duct taping the seal straight and nothing has helped. Please help.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Where can I find the model number?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It is probably 7-8 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a stand alone fridge and freezer with the trim kit to look like one unit.

Answered in 1 minute by:
5/14/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So first, close the door and peel back the door seal to see if the light is on inside. If it's not, then you just have a bad door switch or control board because the light cuts off which means that the door switch is being triggered. You'll need to test the door switch to make sure it's functioning properly and if not, replace it. If it checks good, then you need a new control board.

Now, if you peel back the door seal and the light is still on, then you either have a bad door switch or the door isn't pushing on the switch. Push the door switch by hand and see if the light goes out. If not, replace the door switch. If the light does go out, heat up the door seal with a hair dryer for 30 minutes or so. That will allow the rubber to reform when you close the door so it's definitely not affecting the way the door shuts anymore.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
The light is not on at any time. The control board up top still is lit and fridge is cold but no light.
Phone call session started