Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I had the burner controls on my Frigidaire electric cooktop…

Customer Question
I had the burner...

I had the burner controls on my Frigidaire electric cooktop replaced and they are not working right. The serviceman is trying to get a copy of the schematic wiring chart. Is that available? We found it online and printed it but the print was too small to read. Can you send that to me?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

10 years old Model GLEC30S8EBB

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It has already been done and is not working right

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all. We just need a copy of a schematic

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/14/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Attached is a blow up of the schematic so it's legible. Also, if you wanted to tell me how the cooktop is acting and what is wrong, I can probably give you a direction as to what to look for.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

all 4 burners get extremely hot on high. turn them down an they keep boiling or cooking and end up burning
I can't do it. I'm a woman too old to even attempt it. The repairman is an electrician. He will have to come back to correct it. But he says he needs a schematic wiring chart which I don't have in my manual.

There is nothing that will affect all 4 burners other than cutting power to them all. If you think all 4 burners are getting too hot, the only thing that can possibly cause that would be 4 separate burner switches. Each switch attached to each burner knob would need to be replaced.

Could you send a copy of the schematic one that is legible.

Yes, again, here is the schematic and I can read it so it's definitely legible.

Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 months ago

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?