Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Service Technician at Ralph's Joy of Living
99018442

My Maytag Bravos XL Door latch is broken How do I fix it?

JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model number MGDB980BG0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'd like to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It appears the latch acceptor side is loose. Is there a spare on the model?

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your issues today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

So the part of the latch that is on the door is loose and doesn't always close right?

This one has the reversible door so it should have a spare receiver part on the opposite side of the door that is already in place for it. Generally the best way to do it is to remove the door and actually take it apart, you CAN get the latch out without i but if you aren't careful you can damage it as well so it is generally just easier to remove the screws around the edge of the door and separate it so you can easily remove the latches.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Actually looking at the diagram again I'm not sure if it actually does, it isn't showing on there, but they are the same one so it might only show one there.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. Got it.

You found the other one?