Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We are trying to remove the freezer door fromra maytag

we are trying to remove the freezer door fromra maytag refrigerator with a bottom freezer- it is about 20 years old. Can you advise
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model : MFI2568AEB-approx. 20 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. We are getting a new refrigerator today. Have to take doors off to get it out. we have the other doors off.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To remove the freezer drawer, pull the freezer drawer out as far as it'll go. There should be a screw coming form the outside of the rail holding the rail to the freezer door bin. Remove the screw coming in from the right rail and the left rail. Then grab the front of the freezer door and lift straight up and the drawer should pull up, forward, and off.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank yo so much! My husband did not believe but tried it and it worked!

Awesome! Glad I could help you. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.