Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Need to troubleshoot a kenmore model 11066962500 electric…

Need to troubleshoot a...

Need to troubleshoot a kenmore model***********electric dryer. Sometimes will not start when set and start know is pushed. When the setting is changed and door reopened and shut, it will start.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2006, purchased and installed from Sears in Jan 2006

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can understand what to do and can get the part/s

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not yet

sometimes, multiple tries are needed to get dryer to start. Seems to be getting worse. Do now know if opening and closing the door has anything to do with it. Sometimes I think it does and other times, I do not think it matters.
5/9/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Have you tried testing taking the back off and vacuuming the dryer out? Sounds like you may have lint built up on the thermostat and parts causing the dryer not to be able to breath which can cause this issue.

have not

le​ts try that first. Also do you happen to have a mulimeter because we are going to need to test some parts if this doesn't work.

is the $24 in addition to what I have already paid?

sorry if the site is offering the automatic phone call its not from me please disregard it.

Will disregard it. It is late tonight and I will not take back off the dryer until tomorrow morning. I do have a multimeter. What connections should I check and what should the readings be?

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Start-Switch/WP3977456/898073?modelNumber=110.66962500​

All of these parts have videos to assist you and if you need anything further you can reach out to me on here.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Will take the back off the dryer tomorrow, remove lint and then check fuses, etc. If not fixed, will contact you if I can. Thank you.