Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I was give a whirlpool steam clean electric smooth top

I was give a...

I was give a whirlpool steam clean electric smooth top range. There is an error message F9E0. The model number is ***** The serial number is ***** How do you correct or reset the oven to get it to work. Also, when you touch the top of the range with wet hands you get a mild shock. Help.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Don't know how old the appliance is. The model number is ***** W or X FE324LYQ.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. I call one repair company and they tried to sell me another used appliance instead of coming out to diagnosis the problem.

5/7/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F9E0 means that your oven doesn't think you're getting 220 volts or the range is miswired. You'll need to pull the oven forward, unplug it, and unscrew the back access panel on the oven. Look at the junction block where the power cord connects to the back of the oven. Either something is shorting out right at the terminal block, or there is an issue with the power coming into the oven from your house so you'll need to call an electrician out to see what is wrong with the incoming power to the oven from your house.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc