Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool, electric self cleaning wall oven which I…

I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool, electric self cleaning wall oven which I was cleaning when the power went off. The oven will not come on again

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3-4 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

There should not be any work to do. Just get it to turn on. I have checked the breakers and turned them off for a significant time and still no sign of life

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so

Should I still be waiting?
5/5/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Do you have the complete model number off the machine?

Sorry the model number is ***** the oven and the oven door will not open so I can't get at it. We bought the oven from Ikea and it is the self cleaning, convection wall oven.
no let's continue by typing.

The rear thermal fuse likely burned out due to the heat. It is located on the back of the unit so you would have to slide it out and remove the back panel to get to it to replace it. You need to get something thin and flexible, like a stiff piece of plastic or metal and slide it in between the door and frame and slide it sideways to hit the latch hook and press it to the left or right and open the door that way manually. Most latch hooks you will slide the piece from right to left pressing the latch hook left to release it...90% are like that, the others are the opposite way depending on make and model. Once it is open then you can remove the mounting screws and slide the unit out to remove the back panel and get to and replace the high limit thermostat that burned out.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

There is no possible way for me to slide an oven that size out. I will have to call in a repair person. I am handicapped.

Oh ok I am sorry the thermal fuse is mounted on the back oven wall behind the cover panel on the back of the unit, this is a job to do and typically requires 2 people. Sorry for the bad news:(

Ok thanks. you are right. Simply bad news!

Yes sorry about that.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician