Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Neptune frontload washer model number

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Neptune frontload washer model number MAH4000AWW. The washer fills but will not was or spin. It looks like it tries to move but can’t and then shuts off.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

18 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I was going to attemp it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Depending what it could be

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Appliance
5/2/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 24 days ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I had unplugged it only for a minute

lets try unplugging it for 5 minutes and see what happens.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Well it went Through about 15 minutes of tumbling then the problem started again he tried to start to tumble but It wouldn’t move and then shuts off
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Usually at the start of a tumble you hear one click like an electrical connection and then it tumbles this started making multiple clicks at each start of a tumble and then finally stopped. If that makes any sense
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I guess you left me.

I​ have not left I was having computer issues I am back now.

is the door locking?

Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 23 days ago

so the door does not open while running the cycle? The clicking leads me to feel like its a door switch issue possibly?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
The door does not open. It stays locked

ok ​do you happen to have a multimeter that we can test a few different switches with?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Not now. Can I continue tomorrow?

y​es that is perfectly fine .I will be alerted via email when you message me on here and I will follow up with you then.

John, Home Appliance Technician