Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Kenmore electric dryer that has stopped heating.

It is model number 110.96576200...
We have a Kenmore electric dryer that has stopped heating. It is model number 110.96576200. The drum rotates and the blower is operating. It appears that it is just the heating element not coming on. I already tested the thermal fuse for resistance/continuity and it checked out okay. What else should I troubleshoot?
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/1/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Thanks. Take your time - there is no rush.

Check the dryer heating element for continuity. Remove the wires to the element and check it if it is open replace it..CLICK HERE PART, if there is continuity let me know. There are only a coupld screws holding it on after you take the back off.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I checked the element and there is continuity, so it must be something else.

Checkt he power to the unit make sure you have 240 volts to the unit. If so check the high limits mounted by the heater, if those are all good then the tomer contact is the issue and would need to be replaced.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
I’ll check those things. Thanks.
Looks like the thermal cutoff fuse is bad. Part number(###) ###-#### But when I look for the part, it shows that it comes as a kit with another sensor (is that the high limit thermostat?). The only part that tested bad was the thermal cutoff fuse. Also the heating element had continuity and tested at 10 Ohms resistance. So what should I do - replace only the thermal cutoff fuse or replace parts using the kit?

Just replace the thermo cut off and check the venting, the high limit should be fine.