Connect one-on-one with a verified appliance technician who will answer your question

John, Home Appliance Technician

More related answers
All appliance technicians are VERIFIED
kenmore 41142 has started making a loud thumping sound when
John, Home Appliance Technician
kenmore 41142 has started making a loud thumping sound when it goes to the spin cycle all the time like it's out of balance. Doesn't matter if it's a light or heavy load. Is my washer going out? Is it… read more
The machine emits a grinding sound like metal on metal when
Matthew A
Matthew A, Consultant
The machine emits a grinding sound like metal on metal when starting to agitate, then at times thereis a heavy vibrating sound like the motor might be in contact with the frame or cabinetry. are we lo… read more
My kenmore series 80 fills, but when it comes time to
Kelly, Appliance Technician
My kenmore series 80 fills, but when it comes time to agitate there is a sound...not a grinding sound... more like a chain link or something. No agitation or spinning. … read more
I have 2002 model Maytag dishwasher that just started making
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
I have 2002 model Maytag dishwasher that just started making a bad growling/grinding noise when it starts up. Sounds like bushing or bearing is bad. Is it worth trying to repair?… read more
my dishwasher is making a grinding sound its hit and miss and
Mike, Owner
my dishwasher is making a grinding sound its hit and miss and it doesn't seem to matter what part of the cycle it is. It is band new I moved in to my place in October and it started right from day one… read more
I have a maytag mav208daww washer, it sounds like its grinding
John, Home Appliance Technician
I have a maytag mav208daww washer, it sounds like its grinding gears when trying to wash when laundry and water are in. with just water I can get it to spin fine and drain the water.… read more
My Maytag Model MDB-8 dishwasher has started making a growling/grinding
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
My Maytag Model MDB-8 dishwasher has started making a growling/grinding noise when it starts up and another time during the cleaning cycle. This just started. The machine is about four years old and i… read more
Wtw7300dw0 sounds like a jet engine when spinning and now
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
wtw7300dw0 sounds like a jet engine when spinning and now sounds like grinding and wont spin, i think its the bearings but I cannot get the agitator off to pull the tub … read more
I have a Whirlpool Thin Twin and the dryer unit has a grinding
John, Home Appliance Technician
I have a Whirlpool Thin Twin and the dryer unit has a grinding sound when it's on... just started... almost sounds like ball bearings need grease (if it has ball bearings)... any idea what it is and w… read more
At 19 minutes left on wash cycle, when the tub starts to spin
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Owner
At 19 minutes left on wash cycle, when the tub starts to spin it sounds as if the motor is growling, suggesting a stall to my electrical trained husband. Does not happen every time, but on the first w… read more
The washer fills with water, Ok. When is time to start the
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
The washer fills with water, Ok. When is time to start the cycle, it doesn't start but it makes a noise like is trying. What's the problem.… read more
Our dryer will not start all the time. It makes the noise
Nolan Rettig
Nolan Rettig, Service Technician
our dryer will not start all the time. It makes the noise like its going to but then won't start. It seems to do better if you start it without any clothes in it. … read more
Dryer stopped in mid cycle. not starting when button pushed.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
dryer stopped in mid cycle. not starting when button pushed. electricity good, sounds like it is connected, making ticking sound like ususal when positioned in dry mode but not starting. … read more
How do i fix an agitator that makesa a grinding sound when
John, Home Appliance Technician
How do i fix an agitator that makesa a grinding sound when it is working? Also the motor sounds like it is not selecting the agitator or not getting enough power to move agitator.The machine was said … read more
MDB series dishwasher just started making a grinding sound
gst85
gst85, Appliance Tech
MDB series dishwasher just started making a grinding sound at the beginning of a new cycle, plus it doesn't drain completely, leaving about 1 inch of water inside the tub. I have removed spray arm and… read more
Bosch dishwasher SHU43C doesnt clean. All indications are
Brian
Brian, Architect
Bosch dishwasher SHU43C doesn't clean. All indications are that it should be, water is hot, sounds like spraying good, spray arm are turning, rinse agent being used, loaded properly, it just doesn't c… read more
I have a Maytag Performa that grinds a bit when it agitates.
John, Home Appliance Technician
I have a Maytag Performa that grinds a bit when it agitates. When it starts to dump the water it sounds like some sort of gear is grinding against metal and is very loud. What is the problem and what … read more
My dishwasher sometimes fills and will cycle part way
Master Tech
My dishwasher sometimes fills and will cycle part way through, when it doesn't fill makes a grinding sound as if the motor is running but there is no water and nothing happens the rest of the cycle. S… read more