AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

We have a Bosch WTV76100US/06 Dryer. It starts and gets warm

Customer Question

We have a Bosch WTV76100US/06 Dryer. It starts and gets warm but not hot. I'm looking for the problem. Can I assume it is not the heating element? Does this dryer have more than one thermostat ? Does this model have the reset button on the thermostat?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Don't know the age, that is the mode number I have a photo of the labels what other numbers would help?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible. Had a tech out and he told me it would cost over $900 to fix, had a second tech out and he told me it was the vent clogged. Had a professional vent cleaner out, not clogged. Still does not work, decided to take matters into my own hands.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not aware of anything else.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry for the delay, do you still need help with this?

This could be the element, high limit thermostat or thermistor. If the thermostat on your unit is re-settable it will have a red button.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated. Please rate my service and not the appliance. Also rating me does not close this question and you can still post here if you need anymore help. Thank you!