Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Samsung RFG298AARS refrigerator quit making ice and

My Samsung RFG298AARS refrigerator...

My Samsung RFG298AARS refrigerator quit making ice and pressing (& holding for 60 secs) the reset button produces no action. Water dispenser works OK. What's next step in troubleshooting? (I am electronics tech.)

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Please reread my message above where I stated the model: RFG298AARS. Made in 2010

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I feel I'm technically capable to troubleshoot this....have tools, meters, etc. Just need best way to isolate & fix problem.

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/10/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you press and hold the reset button on the icemaker for 15 seconds and the icemaker doesn't cycle, it's very simple--you have a bad icemaker. There is no other reason the icemaker wouldn't cycle if you press and hold the icemaker button. Below is a link to the icemaker you'll need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

OK, I'll be here.
Tom

CLICK HERE for icemaker

Can the icemaker be Ok but the problem is internal to the refer such that the icemaker is not getting power, temp sensor failed etc? I want to be sure it's icemaker before I purchase one only to find out the problem source was elsewhere.
Tom

No, the icemaker always gets power. Nothing cuts power to the icemaker. If it's not cycling when you hold the button, the icemaker is bad every time.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc