Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just realized my fridge and freezer are not cooling or…

Hi...

Hi i just realized my fridge and freezer are not cooling or freezing, the screen shows OF for both. any ideas for me

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

8-10 years possibly

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Id like to give it a try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just that

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/10/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Model RF4287HARS

Perfect, thank you. Your refrigerator went into demo mode for some reason if it says OF on the screen. To exit, you need to press and hold the ENERGY SAVER and POWER FREEZE buttons at exactly the same time for 5 seconds. That should remove the OF and allow the unit to work normally again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
thank you so much the of is no longer on the screen and i hear the motor running now thank you

Awesome! I'm glad I could help