Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE Icemaker replaced 2/21/18 with WR30X10093 in a GE

GE Icemaker replaced 2/21/18...

GE Icemaker replaced 2/21/18 with WR30X10093 in a GE Refrigerator Model TFX25PPBGBB . The icemaker shut-off level is buried in the ice cubes and won't shut off the icemaker.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased 03/13/00 GE Side by Side. Model # TFX25PPBGBB SN # DZ231483

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Profile Model 25

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The old icemaker had a wire on top of ice cubes. this new icemaker has a verticle paddle mounted on the wire. yes I will fix it if it is an adjustment .

4/10/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am Also Assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

ok on this ice maker with each harvest cycle the arm should raise and lower to sense the ice level in the ice container , is the arm not moving ? if it is buried under the ice I would assume it is not moving at all is that correct ?

It can not move because ice falls on top of the paddle arm. Should'nt the paddle be horizontal so ice would push it to the side ?

sorry I was looking at the olde style for this model !

Yes the new ice maker paddle should swing out and as the ice falls it will push the paddle under the icemaker and stop the ice maker .

Do you ALWAYS use the ice dispenser or at times reach in the ice container to get ice ?

The only way it should have ice cubes over the top of it is if some one has moved the ice in the ice cube container .

Did I lose you?

We always use the icemaker. Not a fan of reaching in for ice

ok I think you meant the dispenser ! but said ice maker.

OK and the ice maker is level and the ice storage container has not been moved up in any way?

It has not been touched

And you have nothing other then ice cube in the ice storage container correct?

Only ice cubes made by icemaker are in the storage bin

and if you clear the ice cubes out of the way or remove the ice container does the ice maker arm move out freely with no binding ?

it is a new icemaker

And with the paddle under the icemaker is it in fact still making ice and dumping ice cubes into the ice container?

And yes I know it is a new ice maker,,but just because it is new does not mean it is working correctly !.

It is making ice and dumping into ice container.

OK and IS the paddle swung under the icemaker ?

I need to know if the paddle is under the icemaker or if it is out to the side of the icemaker!

It is under the icemaker but must travel to the right out from under the ice maker to shut off ice supply

no it is just the opposite ! under the icemaker is off swung out is ON !

You are correct

ok so with the icemaker making ice is the paddle under the icemaker or swung out ?

That is correct. But I told you earilier the paddle was verticle but I just uncovered it and I was wrong. The paddle is Horizontal.

Ok if the paddle was under the ice maker and not swung out AND the icemaker is still making ice , you have a new icemaker that is faulty.

Shouldn't the paddle be verticle so the incoming ice would push it under the icemaker and turn it to the off possition ?

no it is horz and when the ice falls out of the icemaker and mounds up it is designed to push in the paddle under the unit and that is supposed to turn the icemaker off until ice is removed so the paddle can swing out ,thus calling for more ice cubes to be dropped .

ok I will call repair service to replace while under warranty.

Yes that is what I would do .

Thank you for your advice. Phil

No problem !

Always glad to assist you anytime.
Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

You are certainly worth 5 stars from me

You should see a rating box ,just click on the rating box and it will open the rating window for you to than rate me .
Thank you in advance.

Master Tech