Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Uline combo 29a refrigerator/ice maker that will…

Customer Question
I have a Uline...

I have a Uline combo 29a refrigerator/ice maker that will not automatically dump the ice.It refills and freezes ice okay but never dumps.I removed the cover from the front of the ice maker. There are two cogged gears-one small brass colored metal gear and a much larger plastic white gear. I can turn the small gear about 90 degrees counterclockwise with a pliers and it will go into dump mode. What is the problem?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

As I so precise stated already - it a=is a Uline 29a combo!!!!! It is about 28 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/10/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
when I am i going to get an answer?????
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

There is a thermostat that needs to close for the motor to get power to initiate the harvest. It needs to be at least 12* F to close, so we need to see what the temperature is at the ice maker, please.