Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My double door refrigerator keeps lowering the temperature…

My double door...

My double door refrigerator keeps lowering the temperature and freezes my food. I cleaned the coils under and back of refridgerator as best I could.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It is a Maytag model # MF02561HEW approx. 10 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully, I am 73 years old and on a very limited budget

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a suggestion how to fix it or get part to do it.

4/9/2018
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The number of MF02561HEW is not correct

Sorry, i read it wrong Model # MFD2561HEW It is approx. 10 yrs old

Thank you!
Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am Also Assisting you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

what does 100% satisfaction mean?

so you are saying that the control display is changing the tempe setting and you are not touching them to change the temperature correct ?

When i discover that the temperature drops and freezes the food, I will try to push the button to lower the temp. It jumps from 33 to 40 and then later it goes back to the 30s

ok so you have the display showing 40 you change it to 33 and it goes back to 40 then slowly drops to the 33 , that is normal once you set a temposerture it defaults back to the unit actual temperature then slowly drops to the set temperature .

Now if your setting the temperature to 33 yes items on the fresh food section will freeze.

Do you think you can help me if I call? Like I said I am on a very limited budget and am quite handy

Is that what I`m reading correctly or did I get your issue wrong ?

NAW! we can do everything here od chat .

As stated in my first post ,If your referring to a phone call prompt or POP UPS ,I did NOT send that to you ,the website that WE are using does, NOT I!

Thanks I really appreciate it. Did I miss your answer?

no But you did mise my questions !

I want to be sure I have the issue correct .

No, It was originally set 38 andI I never touched the button and the food was fine. It recently started to drop into the 30's freezing the food. according to the maytag manual it should only gone up 1 degree at a time but it goes up to 40 almost immediately and after a few minutes drops back down to the 30's. It did run better for a couple of days after I vacuumed the coils, not great but better.

Ok I now understand the issue .

Thank you .

If they are changing all by themselves you have an electronic control board that is starting to go bad .

THe main control board is located in the right rear lower corner of the unit , in the rear of the unit .

I show it has a part number of

WP12782036SP
I should have been clearer. I only pushed the button once when it went from reading 33 to 40. the manual says to only push it once to raise the temperature 1 degree and then repeat
Yes, it changes itself. I guess I will have to get a repairman. It doesn't sound like I can do.
Thank you for your patience!

yes if it is changing from 33 40 40 and your not touching it at all .

Then yes the main control board will need to be replaced .

Always glad to assist you anytime.
Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me

Master Tech