Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool French door refrigerator. I is making a…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool...

I have a Whirlpool French door refrigerator. I is making a high pitched sound. When I pulled open the freezer door, I saw ice that has formed in the back. I figured it needs defrosted. Just need some assistance w/ this.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I inherited it when purchasing a home. Unsure how old it is. I copied this number from the door: WRF993FIFM Does that help?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I'm able to.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, the ice maker on the front of the door stopped working. I get a message that the filter needs replaced.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/9/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

If you are seeing frost or ice on the rear interior freezer wall panel , then you have a auto defrost system issue.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing