Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator sounds like the icemakers are running but…

Customer Question
My refrigerator sounds like...

My refrigerator sounds like the icemakers are running but not making ice. It runs constantly.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

I have to look that up. Its 5 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model RF268AB Not unless it just pushing a button.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well, it had a lot of use at easter. I turned the ice maker off and it still makes the same noise and its loud.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
4/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Typically if it is making noise the gear motor mechanism in it is broken. These are mad very cheap and often fail for that issue. Here is a link to a new one to install.

CLICK HERE PART

Just pull the tab down in the upper middle and slide it forward to release it and unplug it to plug in the new one.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.