Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a maytag side-by-side refrigerator mod#MSD2456GEQ.

We have a maytag...

We have a maytag side-by-side refrigerator mod#MSD2456GEQ. We have noticed a small puddle of water on the floor and ice under the lower bin in the freezer section. could you please advise me as to the problem and what I could do to fix it. water is seen about once a week or so. thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approximately 14 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The ice maker is disconnected and the water is turned off.

4/7/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

This is a common problem. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The diagram at the link below shows the freezer interior. Number 20 is the rear panel (inside the freezer). If you remove that, you will find that the drain trough (number 14) is plugged with ice. Use hot water only to thaw that drain hole so water flows to the pan below the cabinet easily and you will have no more leakage! :)

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

This was perfect - we received a quick response and Kelly told us exactly what needed to be done. We'll be telling others about this site for sure. Thank you.

Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today?