Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kitchenaid refrigerator model ksrg25fkst18 and the…

I have a kitchenaid...

I have a kitchenaid refrigerator model ksrg25fkst18 and the ice maker stopped making ice. Checked electrical continuity of the valves and they measured 300-600 ohms. Water dispenser works. Ran digonostics on ice maker unit and it worked but no water dispensed. Looking for the next thing to check

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

13 years and the model number listed on the door isKSRG25FKST18

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The front dispenses water but no ice. I did not get water to dispense into the ice tray

4/7/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?

Light is flashing

Please answer everything I asked completely and clearly.

QUOTE:

2 times then pauses. When I hold the flap down it is a solid red light
No ice or water. Flaps are below horizontal
Pointed back

OK so your emitter boards are working but unfortunately your icemaker is either stripped out or shorted out. Either way it should never stop in any position other pointed forward and up. If the icemaker doesn't cycle it won't call for water which is why there is no water in the icemaker. You need to replace the icemaker so below is a link to the part you need to order as well as a video that shows you how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thanks