Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a LG Bottom Freezer Refrigerator and the lights in…

I have a LG...

I have a LG Bottom Freezer Refrigerator and the lights in the refrigerator will not work. I have changed both door switches and replaced the light assembly and it still doesn't work. Am I missing something Here?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model LFC21760SB it's about 9 years old..........

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I do once I figure out what needs to be done that I haven't done already. There is one other thing...If I have one door closed and press the door switch the lights flicker...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Only what is causing the problem.........

4/7/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately this refrigerator is known for the light relay on the main control board failing. If you already replaced the light switches and the bulbs and the interior lights won't turn on, your main control board on the back of your refrigerator will need to be ordered and replaced. The only good news is that the main board is relatively inexpensive compared to most refrigerators and it's about $75. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for main control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc