Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an older GE monogram side by side refrigerator/

I have an older...

I have an older GE monogram side by side refrigerator/ freezer. The panel on front of the freezer has stopped working for ice and water. There is no power to it.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

14 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ice maker still works

4/7/2018
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. I will do my best to help. So the unit is still cooling correct? Can you give me the model# ***** inside refrigerator side? Usually on side wall above shelves.
Ziss480drbs
Let me look. Be right back.
I will opt out so another tech may help. No much time on this unit. Sorry.
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The issue is likely to be the main control board and it not providing the low DC voltage to the dispenser panel. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

I have one, not very familiar with it.
I replaced the main control board this week and it did not fix the problem
Do the front glass touch panels go bad?

If you have replaced the main control then, provided the wiring is intact between it and the door, the front panel is really the only other thing that would cause it to not work

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician