Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a KSSS48QTW04 Kitchenaid refrigerator. It has an

Customer Question
I have a KSSS48QTW04...

I have a KSSS48QTW04 Kitchenaid refrigerator. It has an Icemaker. My problem is that the Hex shaft that connects the drive motor to the ice maker has twice slid down and disconnected from the fitting on the bottom of the ice dispenser. There does not seem to be a reliable device on the shaft to hold it in place nor is there an adjustment on the motor to hold the shaft high enough to maintain contact with the icemaker fitting. Help.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is a Ksss48QTW04

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Did you get my description in the first message I sent?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
4/8/2018
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I still need to talk to an expert. I just got the new motor I ordered from Sears, and have the same problem I did before.
Help. I can be reached at(###) ###-####or(###) ###-#### Hank White
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

There should be a small plastic stopper on the shaft, see picture below. Is that part not on there?

CLICK HERE